Last weekend we got a smidgen of snow, the primroses didn't care it was March, me neither. I'll take snow whenever it comes. Thinking about the garden. Last year it was fallow, except for the berries(raspberrys and strawberries). Last fall I mulched a few raised beds with maple leaves and held them down with scrap sections of wire fencing which kept the leaves. One bed was covered with black plastic, some of the corn bed was covered with scraps of cardboard and nasty old carpet pieces. It all worked great to kill weeds and theres all sorts of wormy activity underneath.
This year I'll try doing the lettuce in big black plastic pots, that way I can move them to a more shady spot when it warms up. Acorn squash, spaghetti squash, cabbage. Tomatoes of course, last year was a bad tomato year, kinda cold for them. Peas, green (well yellow I like them better) beans, Corn. Hopefully I can score some more raspberry plants at the Master Gardener sale in May. I NEED more sunflowers!!!
I need to divide the daylillies--and I wonder what they taste like? I need to move the artichokes to a cooler but sunny spot. I think I'll try to train the native blackberries up on the wire fence this year instead of cutting them back(native ones are much better behaved than those himalayan beasts).
I've been saving up eggshells to put under the tomatoes and need to chicken pooperize the strawberries(and everything else).
I need more grapes too. And blueberries. And somehow trim the fir tree so the apple tree can have more sunlight.
So how much time will that take me?
Where You Can Find My Knit Designs
- ZigZag Yoke Pullover for Women/Classic Elite Yarns
- Swing Coat/Cherry Tree Hill Yarns
- Generation Gap Kid's Scarf and Hat/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
- Doodles Hat and Pullover for Kids/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
- Headin' East Women's Kimono Jacket/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
- Snow Bunny Girl's Cardigan/January 2007 Creative Knitting Magazine
- Snowman Dance Kid's Pullover and Ornament/November 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
- Monster Pillows/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
- Pebble Rib Women's Jacket/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine