Friday, October 23, 2009

Blinged Up Garage Sale Bag



Snagged a brand new fake shearling bag at a garage sale for .99c (still with Gap tag for $20 attached!) and I thought it needed a pocket. Was going to knit one, but then remembered this swatch I was keeping for something. The swatch was for a man's sweater I did for Family Circle Easy Knitting magazine in the 90's, with Paton's Classic Wool. If you are on Ravelry you can see the sweater here http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/12-natural-beauty-fair-isle. Anyways, I was happy to recycle the swatch and added some embroidery a la Oilily and a tie so it doesn't flop open(since it's a big pocket). This fair isle pattern and natural colors is one of my favorites, and I'm planning a sweater for me with this pattern on the yoke.

PS, I cut off the icky slippery vinyl strap and replaced it with a garter stitch strap made from a cheap hard acrylic wool blend(yay Red Heart!!! it does have its uses!)

2 comments:

The Queen of Fifty Cents said...

What a great way to use a test swatch, turned out gorgeous!

wyldthang said...

HI Queen! Yes, it's so fun looking at things with an eye to changing it, or using it for something else. I've also gotten over skipping things because they are stained or holey--PAINT! EMBROIDER!

My Place in the Sun

My Place in the Sun

Ribular Hat and Mittens

Ribular Hat and Mittens
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (Click pic!)

Jambo Afghan

Jambo Afghan
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (click pic!)

Where You Can Find My Knit Designs

  • ZigZag Yoke Pullover for Women/Classic Elite Yarns
  • Swing Coat/Cherry Tree Hill Yarns
  • Generation Gap Kid's Scarf and Hat/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Doodles Hat and Pullover for Kids/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Headin' East Women's Kimono Jacket/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Snow Bunny Girl's Cardigan/January 2007 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Snowman Dance Kid's Pullover and Ornament/November 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Monster Pillows/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Pebble Rib Women's Jacket/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine