Friday, January 25, 2008
Sunday, January 20, 2008
My sister and I continue to appease our Norwegian roots by making lefse every Christmas. Here's a few pix from lefse day, a few days before Christmas....
Gotta start with coffee, as any good Norwegian knows! We prefer Dutch Brothers.Mash up cooked Idaho russet taters, flour, cream and a tad of powdered sugar, roll it out. My sis can get it "light as a fairy's wing"(my lefse is, uh, more "rustic"). I'm the baker. I'm turning it with a lefse stick.
Note the handknit mitten used for turning the hot dials. The big round griddle is an official lefse griddle. Big YUM-O!!!
Where You Can Find My Knit Designs
- ZigZag Yoke Pullover for Women/Classic Elite Yarns
- Swing Coat/Cherry Tree Hill Yarns
- Generation Gap Kid's Scarf and Hat/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
- Doodles Hat and Pullover for Kids/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
- Headin' East Women's Kimono Jacket/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
- Snow Bunny Girl's Cardigan/January 2007 Creative Knitting Magazine
- Snowman Dance Kid's Pullover and Ornament/November 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
- Monster Pillows/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
- Pebble Rib Women's Jacket/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine