Saturday, December 22, 2007

Grandma's Santa Cloth

I love 50's printed tablecloths. I just got this one from my gramdma's things. I remember she used it for the side table that held the turkey(or ham), lefse, and sometimes lutefisk. I can't believe how white it still is, and the creases remain from when she last ironed it, many years ago.
Some motifs from the border, the gold is a metallic gold.


Of course, I realized, living in a house with seven cats, I had to take it off the table when I wasn't around to keep them off. Don't want to add kitty paw prints to the design!

3 comments:

Britt-Arnhild said...

Merry Christmas to you.

log cabin quilter said...

Do you have baby kittens? Love your tablecloth from your sweet grandma. We're waiting for Andy & Rhonda to arrive for Christmas Eve supper. Check out my blog to see what I did today!
Gladys

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

My Place in the Sun

My Place in the Sun

Ribular Hat and Mittens

Ribular Hat and Mittens
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (Click pic!)

Jambo Afghan

Jambo Afghan
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (click pic!)

Where You Can Find My Knit Designs

  • ZigZag Yoke Pullover for Women/Classic Elite Yarns
  • Swing Coat/Cherry Tree Hill Yarns
  • Generation Gap Kid's Scarf and Hat/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Doodles Hat and Pullover for Kids/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Headin' East Women's Kimono Jacket/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Snow Bunny Girl's Cardigan/January 2007 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Snowman Dance Kid's Pullover and Ornament/November 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Monster Pillows/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Pebble Rib Women's Jacket/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine