Whew! I had a VERY full summer of knitting--16 sweaters, including this one below. Now it's time to work up a boatload of swatches! AND catch up on the blog...
Here's my son in the Canyon Ridge Vest that's in the Fall 2007 Knitter's Mag(he's trying to do the American Gothic thing with his gee-tar). The yarn was very nice to work with, and anything made from this yarn will wear well and look great for years.
I got the color pattern from a stripe design on an old Hopi basket. The basket was more of a round platter shape, and would be heaped with grains and gifts by the groom for the guests(I think). The pattern would make a nice pillow cover too, or placemats or a table runner. The repeat is only 4 stitches, so it would be easy to work into different sized ideas.
Where You Can Find My Knit Designs
- ZigZag Yoke Pullover for Women/Classic Elite Yarns
- Swing Coat/Cherry Tree Hill Yarns
- Generation Gap Kid's Scarf and Hat/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
- Doodles Hat and Pullover for Kids/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
- Headin' East Women's Kimono Jacket/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
- Snow Bunny Girl's Cardigan/January 2007 Creative Knitting Magazine
- Snowman Dance Kid's Pullover and Ornament/November 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
- Monster Pillows/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
- Pebble Rib Women's Jacket/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
- ▼ 2007 (39)