Tuesday, January 16, 2007

A Room With A View

In the morning I like to sit at the table, drink my mocha and "do" the computer(like I used to read the paper). My kitten comes to sit with me...she's probably watching the blue jays pick through the compost I throw out in the garden. (Like my rabbit skin "doily"?)
I found this stump up on the hill. My hubby drew our initials on it with a chainsaw: DP+CP in a heart. I didn't know it was there! It's a perfect place to sit and watch the hillside.
The day ended with fire in the sky, all along the horizon, almost 180 degrees worth. As I took this picture I heard the small "chuff" of deer hooves in the snow. Two deer were going down to the pond to drink in the dusk. They stopped to look at me, too, drinking in the dusk in my own way.

3 comments:

Mourningdove's Serendipity said...

Lovely photos! Your cat looks so peaceful. http://mourningdoveserendipity.blogspot.com/

Walter Jeffries said...

I love the second to last photo with the tall tree and the pink horizon light.

wyldthang said...

Hi! Im glad you like the two trees. I take a lot of pictures of these two trees(they used to be three) and the weather that happens around them. They have a sort of Japanese look to them. I'm surprised they have lasted--they are fully exposed to winter winds.

My Place in the Sun

My Place in the Sun

Ribular Hat and Mittens

Ribular Hat and Mittens
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (Click pic!)

Jambo Afghan

Jambo Afghan
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (click pic!)

Where You Can Find My Knit Designs

  • ZigZag Yoke Pullover for Women/Classic Elite Yarns
  • Swing Coat/Cherry Tree Hill Yarns
  • Generation Gap Kid's Scarf and Hat/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Doodles Hat and Pullover for Kids/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Headin' East Women's Kimono Jacket/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Snow Bunny Girl's Cardigan/January 2007 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Snowman Dance Kid's Pullover and Ornament/November 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Monster Pillows/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Pebble Rib Women's Jacket/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine