Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Personal FO's

Here's a few sweaters I made last summer. I really like this shape on me--cap sleeve yoke cardigan. The first sweater is made from yarn I bought at Stitches away way long time ago when they used to be in Portland. It is a dk silk/viscose blend in a beautiful chartreuse(greeny gold)--not the yellow here. I had 18 skeins and had the problem of coming up with something to use up that yarn. I chose a simple lace pattern that I could make decreases within easily around the neckline, and I used the yarn doubled. I ended up using every scrap of that yarn(I win!). I like to wear this over tank tops or a long sleeve t or turtleneck. And guess what, chartreuse was "in" this fall. I loved this color/yarn, it went well with so many colors as an embroidery yarn, or used just a teeny bit in fair isles. I also used it is a few 2-strand Prism-type-tied-together mishmash projects and it was such a lively spark.
This cardi I knit in Cherry Tree Hill's North Country Cotton(mill ends), and used Classic Elite Provence for the crab st edging. The last lace zigzag repeat works the decreases in by being a smaller version of the zigs gone before. I used up every scrap on this one too, coming out just right.

No comments:

My Place in the Sun

My Place in the Sun

Ribular Hat and Mittens

Ribular Hat and Mittens
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (Click pic!)

Jambo Afghan

Jambo Afghan
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (click pic!)

Where You Can Find My Knit Designs

  • ZigZag Yoke Pullover for Women/Classic Elite Yarns
  • Swing Coat/Cherry Tree Hill Yarns
  • Generation Gap Kid's Scarf and Hat/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Doodles Hat and Pullover for Kids/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Headin' East Women's Kimono Jacket/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Snow Bunny Girl's Cardigan/January 2007 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Snowman Dance Kid's Pullover and Ornament/November 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Monster Pillows/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Pebble Rib Women's Jacket/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine