Monday, January 29, 2007

I've Seen It Raining Fire in the Sky

Today's gift, utterly unique, never to be duplicated. Of course there's an infinite string of gifts to come. All I can say is "Thank You!" Where were you when the sun went down?



"Blood knowledge, oh, what a catastrophe for man when he cut himself off from the rhythm of the year, from his unison with the sun and earth. Oh, what a catastrophe, what a maiming of love when it was made a personal, merely personal feeling, taken away from the rising and setting of the sun, and cut off from the magical connection of the solstice and equinox. This is what is wrong with us, we are bleeding at the roots..." D.H. Lawrence

4 comments:

Mourningdove's Serendipity said...

Your photography is just incredible! What an eye you have! Serendipity, whimsey, and spirit all rolled together... I love it!

Betty Jo said...

OMGosh your photos are gorgeous! We can't even see the skyline where we presently live. We are moving to the mountains soon, and then will actually be able to see and enjoy gorgeous sunsets. :0)

wyldthang said...

I'm so glad you enjoy the pictures. I really feel blessed to live in such a place and just want to share! Thanks for visiting!!! Celeste, the wyldthang with twostix

Alison said...

I have just discovered your site and love it. Your photos are fantastic. I was excited to read that you have a Nikon D40. I was given the same one for Christmas and am still working out what I can do with it- and learning about taking better shots. I will look to you for inspiration!

I also love the DH Lawrence quote- having just rediscovered a connection with the environment that I had almost forgotten I had... Could you tell me where it's from?

My Place in the Sun

My Place in the Sun

Ribular Hat and Mittens

Ribular Hat and Mittens
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (Click pic!)

Jambo Afghan

Jambo Afghan
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (click pic!)

Where You Can Find My Knit Designs

  • ZigZag Yoke Pullover for Women/Classic Elite Yarns
  • Swing Coat/Cherry Tree Hill Yarns
  • Generation Gap Kid's Scarf and Hat/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Doodles Hat and Pullover for Kids/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Headin' East Women's Kimono Jacket/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Snow Bunny Girl's Cardigan/January 2007 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Snowman Dance Kid's Pullover and Ornament/November 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Monster Pillows/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Pebble Rib Women's Jacket/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine