Sunday, January 28, 2007

I'm a Pyro-thang

Even though a fire has been living in the woodstove since the middle of October, I was in the mood to build a fire, so I made a big one. Got some exercise throwing logs and stumps around(had a little bit of help from my son). It felt sooooo good to sit by the fire at the end of the day and watch the sun go down. Eventually I'll put the ashes on the corn patch in the garden(free lime).
This is a special place I like to visit on the hill behind the house. We call the hill Indian Hill because the local rumor is that Indians are buried here--they brought up rocks to cover the graves, that's why there are so many rocks. The hill is a huge deep rock pile. Probably a pile pushed together by the glacier that carved the Willamette Valley. This small pile of moss covered rocks nestled into mossy tree roots is just plain pretty. The squirrels think it's nice too, every once in a while I find a nibbled mushroom or a dissected pinecone left atop a rock. This light on the rocks only happens a few minutes on the few days the sun is shining through the trees in this particular place as it sweeps across the western horizon year to year.
The sun and the rocks and the moss and the trees. I laid down in the leaves to get the angle. I really didn't want to get up. After all that log tossing I was ready for a nap.

No comments:

My Place in the Sun

My Place in the Sun

Ribular Hat and Mittens

Ribular Hat and Mittens
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (Click pic!)

Jambo Afghan

Jambo Afghan
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (click pic!)

Where You Can Find My Knit Designs

  • ZigZag Yoke Pullover for Women/Classic Elite Yarns
  • Swing Coat/Cherry Tree Hill Yarns
  • Generation Gap Kid's Scarf and Hat/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Doodles Hat and Pullover for Kids/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Headin' East Women's Kimono Jacket/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Snow Bunny Girl's Cardigan/January 2007 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Snowman Dance Kid's Pullover and Ornament/November 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Monster Pillows/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Pebble Rib Women's Jacket/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine