Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Christmas Sweater 2006

This is sort of a knock off of a little short sleeve printed longjohn top in this winter's Anthropologie catalog. I made mine in worsted wool of various brands from the stash. The main color is a nice marl of cream and taupe. I added the drawstring because I love drawstrings and it adds a folky touch.
I used red, burgundy, charcoal, heather grey, olive, lime, and sky blue and the cream marl.
The charcoal snowflake came from an old museum sweater in the book Nordic Knitting, by Susan Pagoldh.

1 comment:

lekkercraft said...

i think this is adorable! i wish i had one for myself - i think i saved a pic of this sweater in the hopes of doing the same type of thing (someday). awesome job!

My Place in the Sun

My Place in the Sun

Ribular Hat and Mittens

Ribular Hat and Mittens
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (Click pic!)

Jambo Afghan

Jambo Afghan
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (click pic!)

Where You Can Find My Knit Designs

  • ZigZag Yoke Pullover for Women/Classic Elite Yarns
  • Swing Coat/Cherry Tree Hill Yarns
  • Generation Gap Kid's Scarf and Hat/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Doodles Hat and Pullover for Kids/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Headin' East Women's Kimono Jacket/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Snow Bunny Girl's Cardigan/January 2007 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Snowman Dance Kid's Pullover and Ornament/November 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Monster Pillows/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Pebble Rib Women's Jacket/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine