Tuesday, January 2, 2007

The Biggest Christmas Present I Ever Got

My grandpa was a builder and he built this playhouse for me and my sister when I was about five. He built it in his yard, and we had fun watching it grow and playing in it even when it was just framed.
Here is the little kitchen, with a working(unplugged)stove, a tiny refrigerator, and a sink that ran water when you hooked up the hose. It also had outlets, and lights, and a heater.
When it came to our house it was like a parade, he brought it on a flatbed trailer and everyone stopped to see the castle go by.

We spent a lot of time in the castle, even in high school, doing homework, working on projects, or hanging out with friends. I'm the one with kneesocks, with my sister.

1 comment:

La Tea Dah said...

I am all grown up, but SO JEALOUS! What a beautiful playhouse! My cousin had one that was so similar --- real electric lights, running water, just like the 'big' house but in miniature! She had life-size dolls, rocking chairs, and all the furniture to go with it! What fun we'd have playing with her when we visited, but alas, she lived so far away, it was only once or twice a year. I'm sure you had so much fun in that playhouse and many happy memories! That's so neat!

My Place in the Sun

My Place in the Sun

Ribular Hat and Mittens

Ribular Hat and Mittens
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (Click pic!)

Jambo Afghan

Jambo Afghan
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (click pic!)

Where You Can Find My Knit Designs

  • ZigZag Yoke Pullover for Women/Classic Elite Yarns
  • Swing Coat/Cherry Tree Hill Yarns
  • Generation Gap Kid's Scarf and Hat/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Doodles Hat and Pullover for Kids/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Headin' East Women's Kimono Jacket/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Snow Bunny Girl's Cardigan/January 2007 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Snowman Dance Kid's Pullover and Ornament/November 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Monster Pillows/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Pebble Rib Women's Jacket/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine