Sunday, December 10, 2006

Treerain

On my walk today I enjoyed listening to the rain fall from the trees. It had quit raining from the sky itself, but the lichens and mosses and needles of the firs and oaks soak that rain up and then gently release it to the ground below. This way the rain soaks in deeply, instead of running off into the rivers. As it should be, the ground is a giant sponge--in the reality of the forest I am walking on water
The light was dim, the cloud ceiling just skimming the treetops. A drop of water hung from the tip of every fir needle, moss feather, twig bud...

No comments:

My Place in the Sun

My Place in the Sun

Ribular Hat and Mittens

Ribular Hat and Mittens
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (Click pic!)

Jambo Afghan

Jambo Afghan
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (click pic!)

Where You Can Find My Knit Designs

  • ZigZag Yoke Pullover for Women/Classic Elite Yarns
  • Swing Coat/Cherry Tree Hill Yarns
  • Generation Gap Kid's Scarf and Hat/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Doodles Hat and Pullover for Kids/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Headin' East Women's Kimono Jacket/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Snow Bunny Girl's Cardigan/January 2007 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Snowman Dance Kid's Pullover and Ornament/November 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Monster Pillows/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Pebble Rib Women's Jacket/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine