Saturday, December 9, 2006

Firs in the Mist, Yarn to Match

Rain is taking its sweet time coming in today, mist wove in and out of the trees bringing gentle drizzle--which isn't really rain yet, in my book. Everything becomes very two dimensional, in layers of flat color going off into the distances. Here are some firs just off the back deck. I like seeing the different perspective of individual trees gained by the filter of mist, the millions of lenses of tiny suspended water drops.
And here are those same colors in a batch of yarn that just arrived for a design project(Encore Worsted Colorspun, it will be a men's pullover for Creative Knitting next year). The swatch shows the nice striping. I really like Encore, it's a nice affordable acrylic wool blend with a nice hand and nice colors. It wears well too. I can mix it with wool in fairisle if I need just the right color that can be found in Encore.
On my walk today I liked how these rusty old Garry oak leaves light up the grays and lichen greens.
And last, a care package arrived from Cherry Tree Hill Yarns. The ribbon yarns will be made into scarves for sale next year at Red Berry Boutique, and the Thick and Thin wool will become something yummy for me(there's enough for a coat!). All in those winter sunset colors I seem to be obsessed by(see pix below in previous posts).

No comments:

My Place in the Sun

My Place in the Sun

Ribular Hat and Mittens

Ribular Hat and Mittens
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (Click pic!)

Jambo Afghan

Jambo Afghan
Buy my pattern at Ravelry! (click pic!)

Where You Can Find My Knit Designs

  • ZigZag Yoke Pullover for Women/Classic Elite Yarns
  • Swing Coat/Cherry Tree Hill Yarns
  • Generation Gap Kid's Scarf and Hat/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Doodles Hat and Pullover for Kids/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Headin' East Women's Kimono Jacket/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
  • Snow Bunny Girl's Cardigan/January 2007 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Snowman Dance Kid's Pullover and Ornament/November 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Monster Pillows/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
  • Pebble Rib Women's Jacket/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine