Today began, and keeps going on, with rain. Rain from the sky, rain dripping from the firs, rain soaking the moss(on ALL sides of the trees!). And I love it! Must be my Norwegian blood, remembering the foggy fjords—no wait, that was Puget Sound(I can still hear the foghorn). A perfect day for knitting by the fire!
Here’s a group of trendy motifs I’ve seen around Fall 2006: chunky embroidered MITTENS, with a GRUNGE-y marl(free pattern coming soon! The Two-Hour Mittens!), LEAVES, ACORNS, ANTLER(which I found freshly detached on a walk one day—they are dang hard to find!!), a swedish tea towel with red on white EMBROIDERY, gilded BIRDS. And a swatch for a group of designs(Alpine Family) in House of White Birches "Family Album of Knits" which came out this fall. This group includes a pullover for dad, mom, and girl, a boy’s vest, and a baby/toddler hoody—all with slightly different variations on the fairisle colorway. Great for a Christmas family portrait—next year! (In case you’re wondering, I had a month to knit them all).
And I couldn’t resist a cute kitty picture. Kitty #7 of my cat collection naps on a granny square blanket made from leftovers from the aforementioned projects.
I’ll keep shamelessly plugging along—Family Album also has my Pinto Pony hoody for baby/toddler(complete with ears and mane!), and a Christmas set of stocking, treeskirt and ornaments with dancing santas and reindeer(more norsky-ness!). Check it out! (thank you!)
Time for some Ovaltine and fire-poking. And knitting, of course!
Where You Can Find My Knit Designs
- ZigZag Yoke Pullover for Women/Classic Elite Yarns
- Swing Coat/Cherry Tree Hill Yarns
- Generation Gap Kid's Scarf and Hat/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
- Doodles Hat and Pullover for Kids/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
- Headin' East Women's Kimono Jacket/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
- Snow Bunny Girl's Cardigan/January 2007 Creative Knitting Magazine
- Snowman Dance Kid's Pullover and Ornament/November 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
- Monster Pillows/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
- Pebble Rib Women's Jacket/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine