Before last week's storms(with gusts of hurricane force winds) the big leaf maples were full of gold.
First a lemon gold on the hill behind the house...My own golden pond...
And all this gold comes out in a sweater for me! I had this mustard/buckskin Manos wool for 7-8 years, waiting for the right idea. When I buy yarn for myself, I buy color, and often it's that "weirdo" color that ends up an orphan. I had three skeins, and added the dark brown and ivory in either an old chunky Harrisville wool, or Bartlett--labels long gone. The mill end mystery fur yarn I bought at the now gone Robin and Russ Handweavers in McMinnville, Or. Now I wish I'd snapped up all the cones--it's great for a shearling look! I had to design around the three skeins of Manos, and was left with a few yards.
Where You Can Find My Knit Designs
- ZigZag Yoke Pullover for Women/Classic Elite Yarns
- Swing Coat/Cherry Tree Hill Yarns
- Generation Gap Kid's Scarf and Hat/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
- Doodles Hat and Pullover for Kids/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
- Headin' East Women's Kimono Jacket/Fall 2006 Knitter's Magazine
- Snow Bunny Girl's Cardigan/January 2007 Creative Knitting Magazine
- Snowman Dance Kid's Pullover and Ornament/November 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
- Monster Pillows/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine
- Pebble Rib Women's Jacket/September 2006 Creative Knitting Magazine